Tuesday, February 1, 2011

My new favorite thing

Raymond and I have been putting change into one of Ashton's piggy banks, really just so we would have somewhere to put loose change....we weren't saving it for anything specific, just trying to be more organized! Anyway, I went to put some change in the other day and noticed it was SUPER heavy and I barely could put the pennies in. I usually keep the major change (quarters and dimes) in my wallet so this little piggy had mostly pennies and nickels. I decided to take all the change to CoinStar. I had never used CoinStar but it seriously was the coolest thing!! I used the one at Homeland and got 35 bucks out of it, who knew! You just pour all your change into this little slot thing and it counts and counts away. I feel like I should warn you though that it is the LOUDEST process ever so be prepared for people to stare at you. Ashton loved it....he loves attention. AND it has different giftcard options to places like Amazon, Gap, Wal-Mart etc. that you can use your change for. I chose the boring grocery voucher one but that def. helped out the ole Dave Ramsey food fund! So yea, new favorite thing!

2 comments:

  1. Did you know Coinstar takes 6% of your change? and did you also know that they have those coin counting machines at the bank and they won't take any profit from it? Although you don't get to hear the sound....

    ReplyDelete