Thursday, May 5, 2011

See ya never...

Alright, so I love being outdoors. Yes, really cliche sounding and I am sure thousands of girl's facebook "about me" sections say the exact same thing but REALLY...I'm not lying here people-I LOVE being outside like LOVE it to where I could live in a tent year round and never go inside again. My family has a houseboat and most summers there would be a weekend to where we had 15-20 + people sleeping on the houseboat so some people had to sleep up top under the big pavilion tent thing-and EVERYONE dreaded it bc bats flew around up there and you wake up damp with dew all over you. Most people hated waking up all gross like that but my thoughts were just jump in, wash your hair with some shampoo and call it good. I mean, we are at the lake not the prom, right?! But mostly I didn't mind sleeping up there bc it was outside! Also, I went on TREK with my youth group when I was in high school and something about being outdoors seeing all of God's wonderful creations and being disconnected from everything else was so powerful! Was such an amazing experience and just made my love for being outdoors grow times a million :) Now, I wouldn't say I am a nature girl though. I don't like to bird watch or collect leaves etc./not a hippie so maybe I am just crazy. However, I will add that this girl likes her AC and relaxin in a big, comfy bed too.


Trek 2003. This is the last night when we all finally got to shower SO not really capturing our experience but this is the only pic I had on my computer.



Anyway, this past week outside has hated my guts. All started when I was running one night and I ran into an armadillo. This is the 2nd time in my life that I have done that so I overlooked it. Next thing that happened was I was mowing/weed-eating the yard and I got stung by a wasp AND a stick hit me in my front tooth. Ugh. After that, I was running another day and my mp3 player fell off its clip, to the ground, and I basically crushed it. Lastly, I was babysitting and one of the kids threw a jump rope in a tree, so I climbed up to get it and fell to the ground. Luckily I wasn't too high but seriously, come on. Yes, I am accident prone but this is nuts and all happened within a few days and all happened outside. So ya, that's right- See ya never outside. I am a little scared of you right now.

3 comments:

  1. I'm laughing thinking about that stick hitting you lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! I love this post! I have slept on the top of that houseboat a few times!

    ReplyDelete