Saturday, July 10, 2010

California Girls? Really Ash?

Been awhile but I am back....for now. As a lot of people know, Raymond is the singer in the family, and he is pretty good at it too! I am NOT a singer....I LOVE to sing but only when I am in the car with friends/alone etc. And now, when I am putting Ashton to sleep....We have a little bed time routine that we do everynight for Ash which includes lotion, putting pajamas on, reading a book then rocking for a bit. NOW, Ashton requires that I sing him to sleep. I have been doing this for awhile and I usually sing a variety of songs, mainly church/worship songs but I think he is getting bored bc he hasnt been falling asleep as fast. SOO tonight, I sang every song in the song book (not really), a little Michael Buble, Sarah Barreiles, and then....Katy Perry's California Girls song in a much softer tone than it is and....he fell asleep. I don't know why I did it and am not proud of this but it just came out. I do not necessarily like that song but bc of the radio, I know pretty much every word. I really hope he doesnt require me to sing that song again but if it will get him to sleep at his 7:30 bedtime, I'll do it (he will probably wake up in the middle of the night screaming when he remembers that his MOM sang him the popsicle part of the song...in my defense, I sang it so quiet it was basically not even said). I was singing California girls/praying that Raymond wouldn't come home from work early and witness my slow, quiet, bedtime version of the song. Maybe next time I will add the Snoop Dog (Dog or Dogg? or Snoop Doggie Dog? Whatever...) rap in...apparently Ash is in to that.

He's a week away from being 7 months old and he's cute...maybe I'm bias but OH he's cute. He weighed 17.10 and was 28 inches long at his 6 month checkup and has 2 teeth! He rolls over both ways and sits up like a champ. We started him on actual baby food at 6 months and his favorite is green beans! We haven't started fruit yet so that might change but as of now green beans are the thing! I am POSITIVE he said 'mama' but I was alone with him so no one believes me! haha! Anyway, here are a few pics of my precious, Katy Perry lovin' boy at his 6 month photo shoot with Kris Boevers.

I. LOVE. HIM.

2 comments:

  1. oh my GOSH! he just looks like a tiny little kendra. (sorry ray)

    thanks for updating! missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one sweet, beautiful boy!!!

    ReplyDelete